HP hat auf seiner Facebook Seite ein Update für das TouchPad auf webOS 3.0.4 verkündet. Es wird bereits per OTA verteilt. Alle, die bereits den Cyanogenmod installiert haben, können sich gleich wieder beruhigen. Mit diesem webOS Update geht nichts verloren. Der Changelog ist ziemlich umfangreich ausgefallen.
HP webOS 3.0.4 makes TouchPad snappier, includes a new camera app, makes it easier to find great TouchPad apps in the App Catalog, and a number of other improvements.
- New front-facing photo and video camera app. Browser
- Larger tap targets for easier tapping.
- Increased support for Flash & Flash plug-ins, including recognizing accelerometer events.
- Added ability to view only TouchPad, Phone, or All applications in App Catalog.
- Launching and viewing App Catalog contents are quicker.
- Improvements of the user interface include app icon appearance, responsive tap targets, and formatting of the app description.
- You can add songs to a playlist from Album view.
- OGG Vorbis and FLAC media files are supported.
- Setting status (online/offline) per account is now supported. For example, you can be offline on your work account and online on your personal account.
- You can set your status to invisible on Yahoo! Messenger.
- You can now pair a phone that is not a webOS phone to the TouchPad, so you can answer calls on the TouchPad.
NOTE: Most devices cannot send or receive SMS (text messages) from the TouchPad. The SMS Mirroring functionality needed to send and receive SMS from the TouchPad requires the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) to be supported by the phone.
- Performance of the Microsoft Exchange Global Address List (GAL) when composing a new email or using Just Type has been improved.
- Added support for the Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover service to assist in setting up Microsoft Exchange accounts without having to enter server configuration information.
Additional bug fixes in Maps, Contacts, Calendar, and App Catalog.
- Bluetooth keyboard pairing with generic keyboards has been simplified and now includes an automatically generated pairing code and instructions on how to pair.
- System load balancing: webOS maintains a higher level of overall usability when the system is downloading a large amount of data (for example, during a restore) or is installing apps.
This release addresses a number of security issues with HP webOS software.
Individuals interested in contacting HP to report suspected security issues can find more information at hpwebos.com/security.